Wednesday 26 March 2008

Welcome To My Blog - Get Ready To Lower Your Score!

Hey, welcome to my blog.

My name is Jonny Crone and if you haven't noticed by now, I am a major golf enthusiast. I created this blog to share with you, the best golf tips that really will lower your handicap.

I've searched the deepest trenches of the web to bring you little gems of golfing knowledge. OK, I'll jump right in and share my first few tips.

Eliminate Lower Body Movement

Your lower body is the base from which all your long distance shots are made, you don't want to lose power and distance cause your legs are wobbling about.

In fact, your lower body does most of the work, your upper body is just for show, so stopping it moving is very important.

Make sure you keep both feet firmly on the ground, do not let your legs or ankles rotate while your waist does. To do this well, you will need to develop leg strength by doing excercises which promote it. I'll give you an example.

Take a club and and put it on top of your shoulders and hold both arms over the club. Keep all of your lower body still and then twist your upper body (above your waist) to one side and hold it there for three seconds. Repeat this for the other side remembering to keep your lower body as still as possible. You should work your way up to do a dozen reps of these, and practice this drill daily.

You'll soon see a big effect on how far you can hit the ball when you can keep your legs and feet completely still.

No comments: